…by Gordon Barker
I really love good biblical teaching. Sometimes it shows me things that I never would have thought of on my own. Sometimes it reminds me of things that I already knew but just lost track of along the way. Almost always it leaves me feeling : it is so obvious that this teaching is right that I need to incorporate this into my life. This week was definitely one of those feelings. Bobby gave us several excellent points to think about:
– God gives all Christians at least one spiritual gift
– It is up to us to use this gift
– God is probably more frustrated by us when we fail to use our gifts than when we do something wrong
– When we don’t use our gifts we are likely to live lives of frustration
– Using ICNU ( I see in you) to encourage others to find and use their gifts
All of these points are a great foundation for the main point, God knows that our lives will only be fulfilling when we get in the game and embrace life. Bobby gave us three suggestions to get off the sidelines and into the game. They are practical things, things that we can do if we choose to.
1. Use the ICNU principal with someone in our lives.
2. Invite someone to church.
God invites us to be part of something that is bigger than ourselves. He gives us gifts to use to play our part. He provides us with opportunities to use our gifts. It is our responsibility to open the package and get in the game.
I know that during the times in my life when I have been most actively serving others that these are the times that I have felt the most alive and fulfilled. I hope that you have had the same experience as well. It is the way God created us, to embrace life and be in the game.